Effective July 30, 2019
Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
AAA Northeast cares about the privacy of your information.
Some of our affiliates are subject to a federal law that requires providing you with a Privacy Notice in a certain form and the right to "opt out" of some information sharing practices. That Privacy Notice, which is provided as required by law, contains an explanation of certain opt-out rights.
The Information We Collect
How We Use Information
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To provide products or services to you, including sharing information with third party service providers who help us provide products and services to you;
- To deliver marketing and promotional communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you;
- To personalize your experience;
- To provide important information, such as changes in our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To verify your identity and/or location (or the identity and/or location of your representative or agent) to provide you with services and/or member benefits;
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities (some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information on how Information is used and shared); and
- For our business purposes, such as risk control, data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Site, improving the products and services we provide to you, and identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Information We Share
- Service providers that help us perform everyday business transactions for your account, such as processing your transactions, maintaining our database, and sending e-mail messages on our behalf;
- Our affiliates; and
- Our marketing partners, including financial service companies (such as banking, lending, and insurance companies) as well as non-financial companies (such as retailers, sellers of consumer products and services, travel vendors, and independent marketing companies).
When we share your information with service providers and marketing partners, we require them to enter into written agreements with us promising to safeguard the confidentiality of your information and use it only for authorized purposes.
You have the right to limit the ways we share certain types of information with our affiliates and marketing partners. For more information about that right, see the instructions in our Privacy Notice.
We may also disclose your information for other purposes required or permitted by applicable law, such as in connection with a merger transaction or to comply with a subpoena or court order. Any disclosure of this type will be subject to whatever protections are afforded by applicable law.
How and When We Collect Information
We collect information when you provide it directly, such as through enrollment forms, surveys, and applications. We collect information provided to us by third parties in connection with products and services you request, such as credit information provided by credit reporting agencies when you apply for a loan. We also collect information through automated data collection technologies (such as Web Server Log information, Web Browser Sessions, Cookies, IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs) when you visit our Site. These automated data collection technologies are described in more detail below.
Automated Data Collection Technologies
We, and our service providers, collect information when you interact with us online. This includes information collected through browsers, Web Server Logs, Cookies, Web Pixels, Web beacons, Clear Gifs, and other similar technology.
- Web Server Log Information. We collect "Web Server Log" information when you visit the Site. This includes your IP address (which is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you are using by your internet service provider), Internet Domains (such as aol.com, company.com, etc.) that you have visited, browser and version, device type, screen resolution, operating system, connection speed, web pages visited or requested, and dates and times of such visits or requests. This information is collected by our server automatically whenever anyone visits the Site, regardless of whether the user submits any additional contact information. We use this Information to ensure that the Site is functioning properly and for security purposes.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs, and Other Technologies. We may use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our Site and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Site. We may work with third party service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze information about online behavior. In addition, Pixel tags on our Site may be used to collect Information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Site. This information may include your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the websites you visited before coming to our Site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
- Third Party Widgets. We may allow certain widgets (such as social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform (such as a social media platform). The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages within our Site. You should review the privacy policies posted at the third party sites, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat information.
We use IP addresses, pixel tags, and cookies in our emails to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. Some of our service providers may use their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, or clear gifs in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
Certain Web Browsers allow you to manage and/or limit a party’s ability to collect, track, and analyze information about your online behavior. Please check with the provider of your browser to understand more about this capability.
We use third-party service providers to serve ads and/or collect data on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this Site. Some of these service providers may collect information about your visits to our Site, and your interaction with our products and services to tailor marketing messages on this Site and other sites or to trigger real time interaction, customize this Site or enhance your profile. Some of these service providers may be able to collect personal information that you share with this Site via a web form, automatically and prior to your pressing a submit button; and they may be able to use information from your visits to this Site to send marketing messages to you in a way that may personally identify you. This information is collected through the use of automated data collection technologies. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by these third-party companies. If you would like more information about these practices, please click:http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
AAA Northeast participates in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more about how Adobe does this at https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com.
Spyware or Adware
Spyware and Adware are applications that can be downloaded to your computer. These types of applications deliver ads (usually in the form of pop-up type ads) based on your web usage. We do not participate in any way with spyware or adware applications and we do not download these types (or any types) of applications without your expressed acceptance. Cookies, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, and Clear Gifs are not spyware or adware and they are not harmful to your computer.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We urge you to keep any password created for accessing the Site in a safe place and not to disclose it to anyone. Also, remember to sign out and close your browser window when you have finished a visit to the Site, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet café.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Site from anyone we actually know is under 13 years old and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13 years old. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please visit the Federal Trade Commission website, www.FTC.gov.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties, some of which may display our logos or other trademarks. A third-party website can be identified by the fact that it does not display a AAA URL. It may also have information identifying a third party as the host of the website. Please be aware that AAA Northeast is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of third party websites, even if they display our logos or other trademarks. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other websites, as they may differ from ours.
Social Media and Public Forums
We may participate on social media platforms, such as Facebook® and Twitter®, and may also maintain community pages within our Site. These social media platforms and community pages enable online sharing and collaboration among users. Content posted on our community pages, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. We do not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted.
Whenever you post information to an online public forum, including any social media platform, AAANE community page, blog, forum, wiki, chat room, or networking function of a mobile-device application, that information can be accessed by the public and may be used for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications. We strongly encourage you not to post your personal information on any online public forums and to be careful about how you disclose any information.
How to contact us