May is Bike Safety Month!
Warmer weather means more kids and families on bikes. Take the time to talk to your children about safe bike riding and teach them the hand signals for turns.
Following a few simple rules keeps everyone safer on our roads:
- Always wear a safety helmet.
- Wear brightly colored clothes so you can be seen.
- Keep both hands on the handlebars.
- Look all ways for traffic at stop signs before riding into the street.
- Obey traffic signs and lights – bikes are vehicles too!
- Ride on the right side of the street (move in the same direction as the cars)
- One seat = One rider
- When riding with others, ride in a single line
- Always use hand signals when stopping or turning.
For more great bike safety information, click here.