The AAA Northeast Traffic Safety Department offers community outreach programs that help spread the word about safe driving, walking and bicycling for people of all ages. The Traffic Safety Department works with local police departments, school and community centers to reach as many citizens as possible. We are willing to work with specific organizations to tailor courses to your needs. Contact Diana Dias at 401–868–2000 x2126 or at email@example.com .
Here are some of the courses that we offer:
- Older Wiser Driver – A lesson for mature operators– This program is intended to provide information to aging adults in order to promote safer driving habits and improved driving performance.
- Ready, Set, Winter... – A lesson in winter driving– This program is aimed at assisting drivers in adapting their behaviors to winter driving conditions.
- Road Rage – How to avoid anger while driving– This program is aimed at teaching all drivers how to respect the vehicle that you are driving and others who are using the road.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety for Children– This program will teach children the importance of following the rules of the road, using cycle helmet, and being an alert pedestrian and/or bicyclist.
- Child Passenger Safety Seat and Your Child– This workshop will not teach caregivers how to install a car seat, but it will discuss the safety measures associated with using a car seat, the importance of using a booster seat and practical information regarding child height/weight requirements and restraint systems.
- Buster the Teaching Bus– Buster is the AAA Traffic Safety Education mascot who is available for special appearances at schools and community events to "talk" to children about seatbelts, booster seats, and pedestrian and bicycle safety. He helps to create a memorable visit by answering students' questions himself.