Visa TravelMoney® card, Provided by MetaBank
The Visa TravelMoney® card is a reloadable PIN-based pre-paid card that is accepted at millions of Visa® merchants, online, by telephone and debit locations. The card can also be used to access currency at participating ATM’s worldwide wherever Visa® is accepted.
- Minimum load of $100; maximum load of $5,000 per 24 hours*
- Card balance not to exceed $9,999 at any time.
- 24-Hour cash withdrawal limit, including fees, not to exceed US $1,000
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Purchases outside the US are subject to a 3% foreign transaction fee.
- Replacement card fee $5.95
*Funds may be added to the card at any participating AAA Branch location, up to two (2) times per twenty-four (24) hours, four (4) times per seven (7) days and ten (10) times per thirty (30) days. No telephone reloads allowed. See links at bottom of page for FAQ’s, fees and Cardholder Agreement.
Establishing a Visa TravelMoney® Card Account
- The Visa TravelMoney® Card account is considered a bank account and has certain requirements.
- Account holder must be 16 years* or older and have information on routinely used credit bureaus.
- Parents/Guardians can purchase cards for their younger children and demonstrate how to use the card at an ATM and at a merchant prior to traveling. Since the card is embossed with “Travel Card” the authorized user should sign the back of the card.
- Parent or Guardian would be the account holder. All contact with MetaBank must be from account holder.
- Account holder must appear in person with valid government issued ID.
- Please note, due to limited information in the Credit Bureaus, applicants under age 18 may be required to provide an additional form of ID such as a SS card or US passport. Please bring any additional ID information with you when setting up the account.
*Due to limited information in the Credit Bureaus, applicants under age 18 may be declined for an account.
Funding the Card
- No telephone loads/reloads allowed, and personal or business checks are not allowed for payment.
- Member Card Activation fee, $4.95 per card, $6.95 non-member.
- Companion and backup cards are available for non-chip enabled cards for $1.50 each at initial purchase.
- Card loads and reloads must be paid with:
- US Currency
- Local bank checks (cashier’s, treasurers, money orders etc.) No personal or business checks are accepted.
- Visa/MC branded debit card with PIN#, processed as a debit transaction (not credit).
- Credit Cards may be used, however they are transacted as a Cash Advance and are subject to convenience and bank fees even if the balance on the card is paid in full.
- Minimum load of $100; maximum load of $5,000 per 24 hours. Funds may be added to the card at any participating AAA branch location:
- Two (2) times per twenty-four (24) hours
- Four (4) times per seven (7) days
- Ten (10) times per thirty (30) days.
- Card balance not to exceed $9,999 at any time.
- If you run out of funds while traveling, reload your card at any participating AAA office, online, or by direct deposit.
- Online reloads are limited to $1,500 per week and are subject to a Quick Deposit Fee of $30.00
- Non-chip cards (see below) may also use a personal check through Ingo Mobile Money (additional fees apply.)
- Re-loads: Card need not be present to process a reload. You will need the full card number or registered name to process a reload.
Lost or Stolen Cards
- Lost/Stolen cards in the United States:
- Contact MetaBank customer service at 1-844-639-4700.
- The card will be canceled and a replacement card fee of $5.95 will automatically be deducted from the account balance.
- A replacement card will be sent to the cardholders address or to a traveling address, within 7-10 business days.
- Lost/Stolen card internationally: If the cardholder is traveling outside the United States and needs Emergency replacement cards or emergency cash;
- Contact MetaBank customer service collect at 605-782-5309
- Non-Chip Emergency Replacement Cards can be used for purchases, obtaining cash advance at banks, and ATM withdrawals. (Chip Enabled Emergency Replacement cards are not available at this time).
- Emergency Replacement Cards will be sent to the cardholder within 2 – 4 business days to either their traveling address or home address.
- The Emergency replacement cards will be registered prior to receipt; this may take from 24 to 72 hours to process.
- A new PIN must be set prior to being able to access cash at an ATM. Cardholders should call customer service at 1-844-639-4700 to set a PIN.
Cards for International or Domestic Use
- Chip enabled cards for international or domestic use:
- Use the chip enabled Visa TravelMoney® Card internationally – It’s a preferred method of payment around the globe and provides added security against fraud with stronger protection against identity theft. The chip provides a unique digital seal which proves authenticity and prevents fraudulent payments.
- Chip enabled Direct Deposit Reloads - Reloading your Chip enabled Visa TravelMoney® Card using direct deposit is simple – select a set dollar amount or percentage from your pay or government check and it will automatically be loaded onto your card.
- Non-chip cards for domestic use only:
- The non-chip card is a traditional swipe card used wherever Visa Debit magnetic cards are accepted. Non-chip cards are not for international travel. The non-chip cards have additional features not currently available on the Chip enabled cards.
- Non-Chip Direct Deposit Reloads - Reloading your Non-Chip Visa TravelMoney® Card using direct deposit is simple – select a set dollar amount or percentage from your pay or government check and it will automatically be loaded onto your card.
- Non-Chip Backup Card - If the card is lost or stolen, report it to MetaBank and a backup card will be activated. Up to one backup card can be purchased at time of initial purchase for a fee of $1.50.
- Non-Chip Companion Cards - Companion Cards are linked to the primary card and shares the funds. This allows others to spend funds from the original card account.
- Companion card holders must furnish first and last name, address, date of birth and social security number at time of originial purchase; however companion card holders do not have to be present.
- Up to three companion cards can be purchased at the time of initial purchase for a fee of $1.50 each.
- Non-Chip Text alerts - Receive transaction alerts on your mobile phone. This feature is selected by opting in by calling the phone number on the back of the card. Normal data fees apply.
- Non-Chip Mobile Money - For an additional fee, use your personal check to reload your Non-Chip card through Ingo Mobile Money (additional fees apply.)