At an Approved Auto Repair facility, AAA members can get a free maintenance inspection with any service performed. According to AAA Northeast AAR Director Joe Gable, members can expect the following checks:
- Visibility: Windshield, wiper blades and mirrors
- Lights: Headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, etc.
- Warning Systems: Flashers and horn
- Fluids: All vital fluids, including oil, transmission, brake and power steering fluids, washer fluids and antifreeze.
- Battery: Cables, terminals, and charge/power
- Belts: engine belts, air conditioning, power steering, water and air pumps
- Hoses: Radiator, heater, power steering, transmission, vacuum and fuel
- Tires: tread level and pressure
- Filters and fans: air and radiator cooling fans
An analysis of AAA roadside assistance calls found that millions of roadside breakdowns can have been avoided with basic vehicle maintenance. Despite that, almost 35% of Americans have skipped or delayed maintenance/service that was recommended by a mechanic or the manufacturer.